I have an official scheduled c-section date. February 2, 2011. I am to be at the hospital at 5am with the c-section scheduled at 7:45am.YAY!
I am so happy because this is the day Greg and I picked and I knew that it was possible we may not get what we wanted. Another neat thing about that day is that it was Greg's, Papaws, sisters birthday. Did you follow that?? It was Greg's great aunts birthday.
Ok, so here's another reason we picked the 2nd. We didn't want the 1st because we were afraid years down the road we would both realize it was the first and look at each other and go "Oh, crap! It's (so and so's) birthday today!" We figured one day into a new month would give a good buffer. Before you judge us listen...when you have the opportunity to choose the day of your childs birth the weirdest thoughts and reasons go through your head. Also, we're weird. Well, really I guess I'm weird because these were all mostly my thoughts on it. Greg was more, uh-huh, uh-huh, whenever you want is fine.
I also got a little hung up on the fact that it would be a Wednesday. I was under the assumption that Charlie and Ben were born on Tuesdays. I wanted this one born on a Tuesday like they were. Why you ask? I have no idea. Anyway, I looked it up and Ben was born on a Friday. Sooo Nick was born on a Monday, Charlie a Tuesday, this baby will be Wednesday, and Ben on a Friday.
Now, this is a post I can TRULY file under, rambling thoughts. Maybe I should add a "rambling thoughts posts blamed on pregnancy brains".
Ok, I think I'm done now. Can you tell I'm excited?!?!
11 comments:
Welcome back!! congratulations on this birth date. Are you sharing gender or names? We're thrilled for you and your re-newed interest in bloggin! Merry Christmas!
yay! exciting and great news. i'll mark it on my new calendar. as soon as i prepare one. i'm a wee bit behind.
That's funny... I thought maybe you wanted the date to be 2/2/2011. Like say... 3/3/93 :)
I meant like SHAY... sorry, my H sticks.
No, we are not sharing names!! LOL Deb, I had forgotten that Shay's birthday was a unique one. I really had no plans for the uniqueness of the actual date just thought was neat that Papaws sister was born on that day years and years ago.
Welcome back:) Glad it's all settled, sorry we'll miss it's first few days in this world. Be sure to use Greg's superphone to capture all those memorable moments and them send them to us:) Doesn't he have an app for that? Like a c-section app or something? Btw, your rambling is completely excused!
I know that Megan didn't want to share names but I will....If it's a girl it will be Dinie Nadine Colvin. If a boy it will be Dean Shay Colvin.
You are so funny Grammy. I do think we need another Nadine what with my ancestry stuff and all the Nadines (sometimes written Nadina)
It will be here so soon!!! I'm so glad you are back to blogging and I like the new look of it too! I too am back after a hiatus of a month.
I wish I could be there with you....ugh. maybe I could come out in the spring? we'll see..everything is on hold for us.
mom, you know what the name is if it is a girl, Catherine....hellooooo! lol! boy we are so vain...hee hee!okay I'm a dork
Uh, we are still not sharing names and no mom and Cayte are both wrong! lol I would love for you to come out in the spring Cayte!
Elizabeth, Greg will have his superphone but I am not sure they will let us do anyting with it during the curgery. Maybe when we are in recovery we will send everyone a pic and call everyone.
Megan Of course I remember you! We used to readd Sweet Valley High all of 6th grade and anyway, everybody who was there that infamous year I gave Mr Long toilet water to drink is etched in my memory. I am so inept at blogging. I thought my blog was completely private and nobody could access it-hence the transparency. LOL! I'm glad you dont think I'm crazy. I see you are a mother of five, too. How awesome. Can I find you on facebook?
Post a Comment